Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 1 at TechEd

Day 1 at TechEd included meeting some great people and talking to some smart people. That is not to imply that I don't normally talk to smart people, I talk to myself all the time.



I had a little snafu at registration but they were very helpful in getting everything straigtened out. I worked the Veeam booth today during and was able to show the great functionality behind Veeam's Backup and Replication along with Veeam ONE. Surprisingly at a Microsoft event I didn't get many people asking about our Management Pack for VMware that works with SCOM (System Center Operations Manager). If you are interested check out www.veeam.com/scs2012 for a free 10pack of licenses for the nworks Management Pack.

It was great to talk with people about Hyper-V. I grew up learning VMware and I am a VMware nerd. This Hyper-V thing is new to me and I am learning it as fast as I can but in my normal day to day I don't talk with a lot of people about Hyper-V so it is nice to finally see people that use Hyper-V. I am waiting for the Hyper-V version of the VMUG, maybe the HVUG. Speaking of user groups, did any of you know that Veeam now has User Group meetings all over the country? Check out http://go.veeam.com/user-groups.html to see if there are any Veeam User Group meetings in your area. They don't have them on the website yet, but they are planning on have 2 user group meetings in Chicago, IL and 1 in Milwaukee, WI sometime in July.

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there. Back to TechEd, I didn't make it to any sessions today, I do plan on making a couple hopefully. I do plan on attending the Thursday night session (TechEd party). I will say there are a ton of people here, excellent place to talk tech, learn some new things and have fun. I apologize for not giving you too much of an update on anything that happened here at TechEd, as I was at the booth most of the time, I will hopefully have something for you tomorrow. I will leave you with some links I want you to check out:


Vote for Veeam ONE for Best of TechEd 2012 http://northamerica.msteched.com/bote > under Virtualization category Veeam ONE.

Check out Veeam's own Alec King present on "Massively Multi-Instance: Building and Deploying Microsoft System Center Operations Manager Management Packs in the Enterprise" at  Tuesday, June 12 at 10:15 AM - 11:30 AM in N320E.

Veeam announced an addon to extend the builtin MS SCOM Generic Report Library. This is an addon that does not require Veeam. They are giving this away to the community to enhance reporting within SCOM. You can use this on any data within SCOM. It is also not for the casual SCOM user, this is meant for the SCOM Administrator that needs to build highly detailed reports.

Stop by the Veeam booth for your "Veeam is for Lovers" tshirt


No comments:

Post a Comment